Saturday, June 9, 2012

I Smile

I Writhe
At the Ends of Despair
Collapsed and Broken
I can Go no further,
Can Muster no Strength.

I Drown
In the Pits of Melancholy,
Walls as High
As the Eye can See,
No Escape in Sight.

I Crawl
Through the Tunnels of Sadness,
Tears Pouring from my Eyes
As I make my Way forward
Inch by Inch, my Hands Torn.

I Faint
In an Endless Field of Death,
Withered Plants to my Left and Right,
Nowhere to Turn,
No One to Comfort me.

I Give
I can take No More,
My Limits are Tested,
My Eyes Weary,
I must Rest for now.

I Wake
To the Brightness of Light
A Compassionate Sun.
Oh, how I have Longed!
For that Beautiful View.

I Realize
Now is not the Time
To Give in
For if I see the Light Now,
Surely I can Again.

I Stand
The Light Fades
The Withered Field Returns
I Muster my Courage
To Find my way Home.

I Stride
And as I do
The Field Disappears 
Just as the Light,
Replaced by more Pleasant Scenery.

I Smile
There is my Home
My Family Waiting
Arms Opened Wide
And in that Moment

I Die

No comments:

Post a Comment