Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Pair of Twin Poems: First Act, A Queen's Disguise; Second Act, Idealism

A Queen's Disguise

Though the hands may turn,
My heart still burns,
And the memories of you,
Often make me blue.

So I just want to say,
Right now, this day,
My thoughts, you'll never leave,
And to your shining rays I'll cleave.

For you shine brighter than the sun,
To me, the only one,
And your sweet voice calls to me,
Leads me, as a babe to candy.

Your kindness knows no end,
And yet still you pretend,
To pass as "no one special",
A nothing, not a spectacle.

But I know, deep down,
How you left your forgotten crown,
A queen in disguise,
But you cannot fool my eyes.



Idealism

My ideals,
You scoff in their faces,
For reality,
You say I should accept it,
I do not wish for such pain.

For time untold,
The world has written our lives,
Made us believe its lies,
Forced us to share,
In its own misery.

My heart can take no more,
I must fight back,
You say,
"Reality is preserving",
I say,
"Belief is my preservation."

All I wish is to see you,
Hold you,
Touch you,
Feel you,
Yet you push me away,
Saying "maybe one day",
I cannot wait.

I will find a way,
There must be a way,
To find what I want most.

And so I press on,
Regardless of warnings,
A single goal in mind.

Your love,
With mine.

On the eve of time,
I press forward recklessly,
Against the cruel world.

Do not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment